Leaked Los Angeles police documents: Radical Islamic Tattoos
On June 23rd, 2011, a relatively new hacker group called Lulz Security, released a 450MB public torrent containing raw documents from Arizona law enforcement. The documents included internal e-mails, training manuals, classified FBI reports, and a variety of other confidential materials.
For sure you will be hearing much more about the contents of the leak but one early document I thought worth noting, is a 15-page PDF (below) titled "Radical Islamist Tattoos" by Deputy John Williams of the Los Angeles County Sheriff Department.
It is important to note that tattoos are discouraged in Islam, so these tattoos would most likely lead law enforcement down a very misleading path. And certainly not a path that ends at any of Deputy John Williams' militant Islamists under our beds.
The confused nature of some of the "Islamic" tattoo designs, content and messaging suggests that the photos primarily depict people bearing gang-appropriated Islamic symbols or new convert tattoo art. Just because someone converts to Islam does not mean they are a jihadist.
The good deputy has produced a racial profiling guide that will additionally flag—as potential terrorists—inner city youth of color who are already disproportionately targeted by law enforcement.
Meanwhile, LulzBoat has a new theme song...
im the defacto leader of a movement
screaming "hack the planet" back in 99
hacktivism in its prime globalHell had the .mil rooted
alphabet soup and their troops in the suits kid
kicking down doors and seizing my equipment
blocking all my shipments sitting on their hitlist
0day radical emphatic beat addict
and that stab hit i envelope the game call me rabbit
hop to hop i run the internet equivocally
bitch i be hit em with the bytestyle symmetry
digi g digital gangster repping till im dead
steady grep apache logs when im looking for the feds
fast forward now the internet anonymous
and captains of the lulzboat raise the mast prominent
dominant hacks - antisec on that new new
dropping tables in mysql like it was some poo poo
pound antisec - pounding through your speakers
pound antisec - pound it to the bleachers
pound antisec - if youre sitting below deck
in the lulzboat salute bitch and show some respect
lulzsec bitch they fold ya hacked sony
got that md5 we rocked ya macaroni
cook coke crack then boil like a noodle
while hbgary stay toast like a streudel
rootshell on ya bootstrap - now whos that?
botnet mjoin and drop your whole c class
see class? it is evident we flossing
ion cannon in the proc list ddossing
lean back bitch we be sending an injection
magic quotes off JOIN TABLE intersection
put it up on pastebin it wont get erased then
20 million hits to your dome like some cavemen
ask cnn - you want a interview?
send a PRIVMSG to the nickname sabu
on irc - man we convening
this some 99 throwback shit that im screaming
—lyrics to "#antisec" by YTCRACKER, www.ytcracker.com
more from this section
• following wikileaks: Letter to Judge Preska requesting leniency for Jeremy Hammond (Wednesday, October 9th, 2013)
• following wikileaks: Sacrificing Stratfor: How the FBI waited three weeks to close the stable door (Sunday, March 25th, 2012)
• following wikileaks: Sabu the Inciter: Marveling at the FBI's Hacker Frankenstein Monster (Sunday, March 11th, 2012)
• following wikileaks: Wikileaks releases "The Global Intelligence Files" (Monday, February 27th, 2012)
• following wikileaks: Parody: Google Translation of the Sept 2nd Guardian Editorial: "Julian Assange and WikiLeaks: no case, no need" (Guardian English to Plain English) (Monday, September 5th, 2011)
• following wikileaks: Guardian Investigative Editor David Leigh publishes top secret Cablegate password revealing names of U.S. collaborators and informants... in his book (Wednesday, August 31st, 2011)
• following wikileaks: Leaked Los Angeles police documents: Radical Islamic Tattoos (Friday, June 24th, 2011)
• following wikileaks: Scary Daily Telegraph report that Al-Qaida's military leader threatened nuke attack if Osama captured or killed is unsupported by Wikileaks source documents (Sunday, May 1st, 2011)
• following wikileaks: The Wikileaks Story... Visually. (Friday, April 8th, 2011)
• following wikileaks: Glenn Greenwald presentation for Lannan Foundation (Tuesday, March 8th, 2011)
[ top of page | following wikileaks | home ]
Content & design ©1995-2010 Nigel Parry and nigelparry.net.